Web Design with WordPress
Web Design with WordPress is targeted at people who have ZERO experience with the web and who want to learn web design. It is specifically targeted at those who would like to make a business out of building websites for others. The course takes the students through the web design process starting at the very beginning: Learning about WordPress and its two different flavours, buying domain names and hosting, what they mean, the absolute Dos and Don’ts, installing WordPress on your new server, right up to building a your own website.
This course is seriously hands on! You will watch my screen as I build a real life website while you repeat the process as we go. So, if you are new to this and would like to build your own website with your own hands, then this course offers you just that. If you are a business owner and you have been looking for a way to effectively manage your WordPress website, then this course teaches you the basics so you have enough knowledge to confidently make changes to your own website without fear of breaking stuff.
What are you going to do with the current COVID-19 lock down situation? What skills do you think will be in high demand when the whole COVID-19 Situation blows over? You guessed right: Digital Marketing, Web Design, Social Media Management, all digital skills will be in high demand.
With the forced lock down, many businesses will be forced to go digital and you will be there to catch the business of helping them go digital!
Web Design is a life-changing skill
Back in 2009 when i decided to learn web design, it was a decision i made right after National Service. Back then. WordPress wasn’t very popular, and we would use Softwares like Macromedia Dreamweaver to build websites. It was a painstakingly slow process. You had to build every single page manually and link them manually and you had to learn a lot about HTML and CSS.
Today, open-source software such as WordPress has taken a whole lot of stress out of the web design process. When i discovered WordPress, I could not believe how easy it was to build websites with it. What used to take me three weeks was now taking 3 days. Yes! 3 days. No jokes.
HTML and CSS are still very relevant today and it would help you if you know them, but I can tell you for free that you can build a beautiful website with WordPress without writing a single line of code!
As a digital marketing professional, my knowledge of web design has always given me an advantage because I can design user friendly and websites that make sure our advertising objectives are being met and if you desire to be a digital marketer, or you own your own business, knowing how to manage your website is now a necessity.
- Over 25 lessons and over 3 hours of content!
- Live demonstration of the building process from beginning till the end.
- Know the differences between websites and blogs and how they relate to each other.
- Understand domain names, domain name registrars, hosting servers and hosting companies
- Learn how to install WordPress both manually and automatically.
- Understand WordPress Themes and Plugins and best practices.
- Installing WordPress Themes and Plugins via the dashboard and via FTP.
- Creating pages, menu items, blog posts, using widgets and widget areas, creating footer content etc
- Using the WordPress Customizer
- Using Page builders to build really beautiful pages.
- Connecting your website to your social media pages
- Who is this course designed for?
- What Will I Learn?
- Websites, Blogs, WordPress, Domain name and Hosting. What are they?
- Websites, Blogs and WordPress
- Activity: Purchase Domain Name and Hosting
- Building your website – Installing WordPress
- Introduction – Tools for building your website
- WordPress – Free and Self-hosted versions
- Installing WordPress on your server manually
- Creating the Database
- Manually connecting the Database to WordPress
- Installing WordPress on your server with Installers
- Best Practices for Building Websites Online
- A tour of the WordPress Dashboard
- WordPress Themes and Plugins – Design and Functionality
- Introduction to WordPress Themes and Plugins
- Installing a WordPress Theme via the Dashboard
- Installing a WordPress Theme via the FTP
- Installing a WordPress Plugun via the Dashboard and FTP
- Themes and Plugins Best Practices
- Website Content
- Introduction to Website Content
- WordPress Pages and Menus
- Blog Posts
- Categories and Tags
- Widgets and Widget Areas
- The WordPress Customizer
- Page Builders
How Will The Course Be Taught
- Online in our online academy
- Be ready with your computer and internet connection
- You can also watch the course on your mobile phone, but a computer will deliver the best experience.
- Login at any time, and continue taking the course. You simply do as i do.
- You can ask any questions on any of the lessons, i will always answer all posted questions.
- I will also show you how to bill clients for your web design services
This course is targeted at anybody who wants to learn how to build a website very quickly and efficiently.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Can I take this course on my phone?
Yes, but its best on a computer.
Only very few things can be implemented on a phone.
3. What is the nature of the course?
This is an online course, you will be given access to the course once you complete your registration. This means you can log in at any time and continue taking the course.
4. When does the class start?
Your class starts whenever you complete your registration.
You can take it from home and at your own pace.
Does this course come with a certificate?
Yes, this course comes with 1 Certificate
Before You Go!
Download the Pre-Class Instructions here
You can lose a job, you can lose money, but a skill, once acquired, becomes yours forever.